Friday, July 16, 2010

with the fire of 1,000 suns


My sister and I have started going to a trainer. Let's call our trainer Tyra the Tyrant.

We have worked out with her twice, the first time was last Saturday. The training session was 1 hour of torture. 1 hour of lingering in the 7th level of Hell. It was horrible!

During the workout, Tyra chirped as she sipped a latte, "you guys are gonna hate me!"

She was right. By the time the session was over, Shell and I were drenched in sweat, descending the stairs to the locker room with rubbery, muscle distressed legs and in a post workout fog. With every step down on the stairs I announced "I hate Tyra, I hate Tyra".

The remainder of the week was one where anytime I moved, I cried out in pain. While sleeping, everytime I rolled over, I was awakened by twinges of pain. Going up and downstairs was often done on my hands and knees. My dread of seeing Tyra again today built slowly and steadily starting on Sunday.

Today, as we walked in the parking lot of the health club I said to my sister "I wonder which car is hers, I want to go kick her tires". As we entered the building I said "I hate Tyra, she is ultimately evil". As we climbed the stairs to the gym I said "I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this".

As we started the workout Tyra was extra chirpy and perky, which made me want to pinch her. She is one of those super fit natural blondes, probably a size 2 (arrrggghhh). She began to put us through the paces, and what we had to do was a lot more fun than last week (remember it was the 7th level of Hell). I found myself not hating Tyra quite so much in the beginning of the workout. Don't get me wrong, my inner rage toward my trainer grew, but not to the epic levels of last Saturday. When she asked how the work out went today, I said "well, last week I hated you with the fire of 1,000 suns - this week, I only hate you with the fire of 950 suns, so I consider that a big improvement."

Tyra took it in stride, and laughed, as it was meant as a joke. I actually felt a little sense of accomplishment at the end of today's session. And I am not as sore as last week. I didn't totally hate it. But don't tell Tyra I said that.

3 comments:

Seester Shelly said...

In addition to the fire of 950 suns, the gym today was like the tropics, but without a breeze. My theory, Horses Sweat, Men Perspire, and Women Glow.

Just call me Flicka

Janina said...

Did I ever tell you about my first workout with our personal trainer? I vomited. It was lovely. Of course, I also refused to hire a female personal trainer. So, our male trainer was nice enough to clean up my puke.

Anonymous said...

It can be quite dangerous to be involved in online gaming. There's a lot of danger and evil lurking in each and every corner. In this article, we will give you good advice on how to get the most out of the time you have for online gaming. We will also share some innovative tips and tricks. Continue below.

Don't abuse your game xbox and its accessories. Doing so could shorten their lifespans. Gaming devices are extremely fragile. Before you know it, you could destroy your ps3 or one of the controllers. In addition, you should never throw down your controller whenever you're angry because you could destroy your controller, which will end up costing you lots of money.

If you want to sell your games on the Internet, you have to describe them in as much detail as possible. This description should include what type of condition the game is in and how it plays. Anyone who purchases this from you would like to be aware of these important details. By making your description as detailed as possible, you are increasing the odds that you'll sell your game.

To become an expert at any game, you need to practice, a lot! You probably won't be an expert your first time playing a game. Give yourself some time so you can practice; never give up on practicing until you get really good at it. Before you understand what's going on, you'll be able to play like a pro.

If you come across a difficult game that is causing you to feel frustrated, it is a good idea to put it aside for awhile and return to it later. If you're not playing particularly well, try switching to another game to avoid frustration. Avoid frustration as it can negate the positive aspects of gaming.

Utilize the security and parental control tools offered by most games. You may want to see if this game can be played online. If so, limit your children's Internet access. Also, keep an eye on the requests for friends and how much time they can play.

Keep your children safe in terms of online gaming. Pay attention to the people they play with. Some people use online gaming in order to manipulate young children. It is important to protect kids when they are gaming online by being aware of whom they are playing with.

Use the highest grade video connection available. Most gaming systems come with a few different cables to maximize connectivity to many displays. What cables are you to use for the best gaming experience? If you can, use DVI or HDMI in order to obtain the best possible signal and picture. The second highest quality cable is S-Video. Coaxial connections, which are low quality, are the most commonly found connector. If coaxial is the only available choice, then use it as your last resort.

Use the subtitle feature. Is it the cast that the dialogue of the game is hard to understand because of all the gunfire and music? Check in the menu for a subtitles option. This can usually be found in the audio section of the game. You can generally find a setting here to toggle subtitles on and off.

Reserve games that are high in demand to ensure that you will get a copy. You may get special bonuses when ordering early. The bonuses could be some special features, outfits, or anything that could help you when it comes to playing. The only way you can get them is by ordering early.

Figure out how to operate the safety and parental controls of any gaming system that comes into your home. You can likely make adjustments that keep kids from viewing mature content. Some allow each gaming profile to be customized separately, allowing adults to enjoy games not meant for younger audiences.

Enjoy your gaming more after having read this article. Computer Games help us escape our boring everyday lives, which we all need from time to time. Game on!